Great Youtube video by Des Traynor on tips to use when managing any product.
– Perform regular feature audits using analytics and database data to measure usage
– Ensure new features are pass through a checklist prior to beginning development
– Imagine supporting a feature for 5 years
– Does it fit the product vision
– Say ‘No’ to features more often so you can focus on your core
– Will the feature benefit everyone or key users only ?
– Don’t measure success via features shipped
– Don’t be afraid of killing features
– Revisit old assumptions